Leavenworth/Kansas City Question

Discuss Breed Specific Legislation and local county laws on pit bull ownership.
Margot-A-Go-Go
Newborn Bully

Leavenworth/Kansas City Question

Postby Margot-A-Go-Go » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:20 pm

I should be moving to Ft. Leavenworth with my significant other for a few months here shortly. I read that Pitbulls are still legal in Leavenworth, but are banned in Kansas City, where I'd imagine wanting to spend a lot of my time. I was wondering how those type of laws work exactly? If I live in Leavenworth with my Pitbull and want to say, visit a friends house with my dog in KC or perhaps join a training class in KC, am I able to do that or is she banned from all city limits? Also if I just want to even go on a road trip with my Pitbull and I pass through a city where they are banned, do I risk getting a fine or losing her if I just let her out to potty at a rest stop?
ugh... this is BS I even have to ask these questions..

snikles
Adolescent Bully

Re: Leavenworth/Kansas City Question

Postby snikles » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:23 pm

I mentioned this in the other thread, but I was under the impression that pit bulls were banned in all military housing. I am not sure why Ft. Leavenworth would be an exception. I would definitely check into it.

snikles
Adolescent Bully

Postby snikles » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:27 pm

Unless you are planning on living off base, but from the other thread it appeared you were staying on base.

Margot-A-Go-Go
Newborn Bully

Postby Margot-A-Go-Go » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:41 pm

Well shoot.. I'll have to look into that. I'm not sure if we will be staying on or off base or if there is an option to live off base. I will have to talk to my man about that one. Right now he is doing some veteran's mountaineering course so I won't be able to get a hold of him until Wednesday and we're SUPPOSED to be moving there on the 19th. If anything, I can stay in good old Minneapolis, but then I'll be away from my beau for another 3 months. Any Army significant other knows how hard the absences in the relationship can be, but I made a commitment to Margot, so her safety and well being comes first. :)

So say we are living in Leavenworth OFF base?

Flashly99
Newborn Bully

Postby Flashly99 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:09 pm

I realize this is an old post but, I am moving to the Ft Leavenworth area with my boyfriend in September. We are going to be living off base and were hoping to purchase a home in between Kansas City & Leavenworth. Did you end up finding any areas that were pitbull friendly? I currently live in Florida where BSL is illegal so I've never had to really deal with this outside of individual landlords.

Return to “Laws”