News from Germany

Discuss Breed Specific Legislation and local county laws on pit bull ownership.
Bo Svensson

News from Germany

Postby Bo Svensson » Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:13 am

The BSL laws in Germany has been changed somewhat. It is no longer illegal to breed APBTs, ASTs, SBT and english bull terriers. It is still illegal to import all four breeds though.

Dogs of these breeds can also be brought into germany temporarily but I believe you will need a permit and that it still is a bad idea to do it but there is a legal possibility to do so.

The reason for the change was that these questions should not be dealt with on a national level but at state level and now different german states can make their own laws in these matters. This is not the end...

jmann4

Postby jmann4 » Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:59 am

Well at least they are starting to make changes. Might not be the end, but it's a good start. I would guess most German states will still have the ban enforced.

Do you have a link to the updated BSL laws in Germany? If any one does could you be so kind as to post it here.

Thanks.

Bo Svensson

Postby Bo Svensson » Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:48 am

I'm sorry but I don't. I read this in the news and Swedish would be Greek to you... So to speak. LOL

Gothic

the new german law.

Postby Gothic » Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:54 pm

Hi!
I am new here and sorry for my very bad english.
But I have no chance to use it often in germany.

If someone can read german, I have a link with the new german law about breeding.

http://tierzentrum.de/Aktuell/16032004% ... spruch.htm

Return to “Laws”