Liberty on the Homefront

Tricks, obedience, behavior, and more.
IamNicki
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Re: Liberty on the Homefront

Postby IamNicki » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:32 pm

Oh my, poor Lib must be bloated!

Tyson is charming... And apparently he doesn't get in as much mischief as Lib... You just have more patience than I roflmao

Amie

Postby Amie » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:09 pm

No one look now but she just played with the evil disney princess ball of death for a few seconds!!!

littleCloClo
Bully Ambassador

Postby littleCloClo » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:18 pm

Amie wrote:No one look now but she just played with the evil disney princess ball of death for a few seconds!!!
*gasp*

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:22 pm

littleCloClo wrote:
Amie wrote:No one look now but she just played with the evil disney princess ball of death for a few seconds!!!
*gasp*

you are soo cruel for leaving it in the house, BAD mommy ;)

Amie

Postby Amie » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:25 pm

Liberty is glad I'm home:

(I get this every single time I come home)

littleCloClo
Bully Ambassador

Postby littleCloClo » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:35 pm

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: Too sweet!

KittyNyanNyan
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby KittyNyanNyan » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:54 pm

She looks so at home with you!

Beowulf
Addicted to PBF

Postby Beowulf » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:26 pm

Hugs for the mama! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

jamielvsaustin

Postby jamielvsaustin » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:18 pm

With love like that, I don't know how you ever leave the house.

Amie

Postby Amie » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:29 pm

lol She doesn't either!

I usually get home, take both dogs out, change clothes, feed and check on the cats, and putter around for a few minutes, and she is glued to my ankle during that time. Then as soon as I sit down, she needs about 5 minutes of full body contact when I get home (she just wraps herself around me) and then she can act like a dog again, though she's still definitely a velcro gal.

Amie

Postby Amie » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:22 am

Lib had a vet visit yesterday (she's been with me eleven months and it was time for her rabies) and I took my camera along, thinking I'd get some fearful shots of her. This is a new-to-her vet (I didn't like the vet that saw her in the hospital last year, and took her to the vet I take my other critters) and the building looks very, very different from that vet. It doesn't look anything like a pet store, and sure doesn't smell like one. So I was thinking that her recent bravery wouldn't hold true, and I'd be able to get those shots for B-More Dog.

I was wrong.

Liberty strolled in behind a man with a cat in a carrier, wagged at the man and the meowing box, met the receptionist and tech politely, got up on the scale (41.2 lb but don't tell her I told you) without issue, and went into the dog-visit room where she proceeded to show the vet tech how to do proper sits and downs on cue. Oh. And she has NEVER done a down on cue before, she just decided in the middle of the vet's office for her first visit was the time to pick up that cue.

The vet came in and examined her, gave her mouth and teeth a pretty hefty inspection (they look better than I thought - but I do think they've improved since she came to me and got on raw - and the gross looking thing on the top of one side is a tooth broken off right at the gumline, but doesn't seem to be giving her trouble and it's been there as long as I've known her, so we're just going to keep an eye on it). She also commented that Liberty has very pretty eyes, which of course Liberty knew already.

Lib got a heartworm test (blood draw) and a rabies shot, and her tail went between her legs for those and for the temperature taking at the beginning, but then she was back to being happy and calm and making everyone fall in love with her. In fact, the ONLY sign that she was scared was her posture - she was shorter than she is at home. She sinks down into her shoulders and it makes her elbows stick out more, and she looks even shorter than usual. Since she's a touch long anyway, it means everyone kept saying "oh, is she some sort of pit bull/basset mix?" They didn't believe me when I told them she was scared and her posture was off, but compare these three photos, from the first day I saw her, then her first day at the house, to when she went to Petsmart last week:

You can see the difference in her shoulders and front feet.

Beowulf
Addicted to PBF

Postby Beowulf » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:32 am

Yeah, your love has definitely changed her for the better. :kiss:

What kind of harness is that? I need one. Or three.

Amie

Postby Amie » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:58 am

EZ Walk Gentle Leader. Squatty girl there gets a size Medium, 50lb Oscar wears Medium/Large (which is one size) and his is reflective: http://www.doggy-gifts.com/s.nl/it.A/id ... egory=5199

Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:13 am

Bless Lib's Big Bully Heart!! (and yours too Amie) You must be very proud of your girl.

Beowulf
Addicted to PBF

Postby Beowulf » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:26 am

Amie wrote:EZ Walk Gentle Leader. Squatty girl there gets a size Medium, 50lb Oscar wears Medium/Large (which is one size) and his is reflective: http://www.doggy-gifts.com/s.nl/it.A/id ... egory=5199

Well, it's payday. No time like the present.

Return to “Training and Behavior”