Obsession with the road...

Tricks, obedience, behavior, and more.
Gunnar
Newborn Bully

Obsession with the road...

Postby Gunnar » Wed May 03, 2017 6:33 pm

Hey everybody! My sweet little boy turns 5 months old today, and as a little birthday present we went for a nice walk downtown. Whilst on the walk, we discovered a very strange habit of his...he is determined to walk into the road but acts terrified while he does it.

Little bit of a background story: my boy was super anxious when I first got him, he wouldn't even walk on concrete or leave his crate. He's been adapting super well and super fast, we go for great walks all over our apartment complex and parks, even restaurants. This was his first time going for a long walk next to a road.

He was acting scared, and didn't want to walk next to me (but other times he was perfectly fine). He kept trying to pull away from me and walk in the road, cowering down with his tail tucked. When I tried to pull him back onto the sidewalk, he just laid down. He's never chased cars or anything else on wheels, he didn't seem to be interested in them at all...he just wanted to get into the road.

What in the world is he thinking? Anyone have advise? I want to be able to take him with me everywhere, and am doing my best to acclimate him to all sorts of situations, but this one in particular is very frustrating :crybaby:

Return to “Training and Behavior”